Poppy Youth Shelter
Poppy is the latest addition to the CAD youth and teenage shelters range. We have designed the park and school youth shelters for use in many situations including in school and in public parks. The teen shelters can act as an outside classroom for use in schools, as well as doubling up as a waiting shelter for parents who come to collect their children after school. Ask your local education authority about the funding for a teen youth shelter under the Safer Routes to Schools Government initiative. For added safety, all our shelters can be fitted with security lighting for use in dark winter evenings.
Some Key Features Of Our Youth And Teenage Shelters Include:
- Designed with anti-vandalism in mind, including wire frame analysis for wind and snow loadings
- Roof panels are made from 3mm steel sheets
- Supplied in kit form with full assembly instructions, including a choice of fixing – either base plate fixed or extended legs; for submerging into the ground
- All frames are fully welded mild steel, with a choice of finishes including hot dipped galvanised or polyester powder coated
- Seats and uprights can be painted a different colour to the roof segments.
To find out more about our range of high-quality youth shelters in the UK, or how our selection of cycle shelters, canopies or walkways could enhance your school or park, please get in touch with us today.
- Multi-Purpose: The poppy youth shelter can be used as either a parent waiting shelter, teen waiting shelter or an outdoor classroom with many more possibilties
- These teen shelters can be modified in any way, the roof can be fitted either with an opaque steel painted sheeting, transparent or semi transparent covering depending on your needs
- Modular design of the playground canopies means that the shelters are easier to modify during the design process, making highly specialised bespoke options more affordable
- The youth shelters are made from high quality mild steel (carbon steel) resistant to stress damage and rust
- Full in-house service – we run a design office, a metal fabrication factory and a nationwide delivery service. Rest assured that you will only have to deal with one company for all your needs (please note that supply only option is also available)
- The school youth shelter complies with all UK standards in the structural use of steel (BS5950-1990)
- The poppy youth shelter comes in a huge range of colours, see our colour charts for more information
Construction: These school shelters are fully tested with a computerised wire frame stress strain analysis and the contruction designs comply with British regulations BS5950-1990 (structural use of steel work in buildings).This ensures maximum safety and durability over time
Cladding: The poppy shelter is usually covered in a 3mm steel sheeting for maximum strength. However, if required the seating area can be supplied with 5mm Thick Transparent PET and can be transparent, coloured or opaque
Finish: Thousands of fun colours for your school available. The steel finish of the youth shelter can be hot dipped galvanised or polyester powder coated or for ultimate safety a mixture of the two. These finishes provide a high level of protection from corrosion and general wear, especially in areas with high pollution or salt content in the air
Fixing: Base plates or extended legs for submerged fixing.If you are unsure about the fixing of your school teen shelter then please contact us for more information. A member of our design team will be happy to help
Dimensions: The diameter of the poppy shelter with a full set of modules is 6m.
Click here or on any of the pictures to view our gallery of all shelters.