Covered walkways and canopies are custom built structures that provide shelter to the general public or staff in outdoor areas. All our walkway canopies are built from strong mild steel which is resistant to stress and rust. The structures can be coated in a range of materials to prolong life and maintain value while keeping with the general aesthetic of the area, including hot-dipped galvanised and polyester powder coating.
The walkway canopies can be fitted to any surface, when they are to heavy we use fassi cranes, this way this makes our job a lot easier, also we fit areas that contain loose top soil. This is achievable through our full in-house service that includes a ground levelling and foundation service. The advantage of having us design, manufacture and install your covered walkways and canopies is that there is just one company dealing with the whole project, less time spent organising installers and, more importantly, less cost for your organisation.
With a covered walkway for schools or organisations, there is usually no limit to the size and shape of the canopy, as we can build bridges across dips in ground level that normally require traversing on foot. You can trust that each covered walkway canopy on this page have been designed, manufactured and installed by CAD Shelters.
For more information on installing a covered walkway canopy or bike shelters, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
- Covered Walkways and Linkways are a cost effective solution to creating covered areas that are regularly traversed
- Modular design means that the covered walkway can be modified in any way, this also enables you to modify the structure at a later date
- Made from mild steel for added durability and safety
- Full in house service – we design, manufacture and install the covered walkway so you can keep the costs down and spend less time while dealing with just one company
- Bespoke comes as standard – a covered walkway can be altered in any way you like, and we can build according to your preferred design
- Complies with all British Safety Standards and fire regulations
- Colours of the claddings and paint come in a huge palette allowing you to chose the right colour for your surroundings
Construction: We provide a full ground levelling service and concrete base or concrete feet. If you are unsure about construction of your covered walkway then please contact one of our experts who will assist you in deciding the best options for you. With over ten years experience constructing covered walkways we are in an excellent position to advise you on making the best choices for your design
Cladding: The walkways and linkways are available in a range of claddings, the above walkway is covered in 5mm transparent PET, a strong and durable material that complies with British safety standards (more information).
Finish: As with all our steel walkways and linkways this product is available in a huge range of colours and finishes. See our colour chart or <ask a member of our team for help>. We are here normal working hours to take your call or email
Fixing: The steel covered walkway’s and linkways can either be bolted to the floor using fully welded steel feet or sunk in concrete for added durability our workers saw this trick on this website. Where necessary and if suitable the structures would be bolted to a supporting wall. We take care of delivery and installation of your walkway so there is no need to worry about finding a separate installation company
Click here or any of the images shown on this page to view our extensive Gallery.
in 2015 we completed a major project for Softcat plc with a walkway between two buildings. Please see testimonials.